Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 July 27

[ Oops, it seems I forgot to send those to the public lists at the end of July ]

     Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 July 27

Attendance:
===========

   Owen Taylor (chairing)
   Daniel Veillard
   Murray Cumming
   Tim Ney
   Jody Goldberg
   Miguel de Icaza
   Luis Villa
   Federico Mena-Quintero

Regrets:
========

   Christian Schaller
   Jonathan Blandford
   Dave Neary

Actions completed:
==================

   ACTION: Murray to schedule an advisory board phone call meeting in
           approximately 2 months
     - Done

  ACTION: Owen to publish the summarized financial number from GUADEC
     - Done

Actions:
========

   ACTION: Dave to start looking for vendors to host the GNOME online shop
     - Ongoing

   ACTION: Dave to proceed to details stage of merchandizing agreement
     - Ongoing

   ACTION: Daniel to send request for proposal for specific topic to be
           worked on at the next Summit
     - ongoing
       proposal should go on the Wiki like last year, Luis to build that page

  ACTION: Murray to take the task to find documentation authors and get it
          done
     - Federico did the first step, we are making a proposal to a candidate,
       should be resolved before next meeting.

  ACTION: Owen to make the final announcement of the Trademark proposals
     - ongoing

  ACTION: Tim and Dave to draft a room requirement for GUADEC and get Christian
          informed
     - Christian and Tim looked at the space last week, ongoing

New Action:
===========

  ACTION: Luis to start a wiki page for the agenda at the Gnome Summit

Agenda:
=======

 * Preparing the advisory board meeting next week
   check the agenda

 * gnome-fr trademark
   We are not worried about this use of the logo but future use should
   follow the guideline published on-line:
   http://live.gnome.org/DraftLogoGuidelines

 * next meeting on the 10th August
   Regrets from Murray