Re: Questions for the candidate

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 11:44 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Maw, 2004-11-30 at 02:06, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Like Daniel likes to point out, I do not attend every meeting, because
> > unlike other volunteers on the board I have a much more packed agenda
> > and I it is very hard to reconcile it.

> So why did you stand. By your own admission you didn't have time to do
> the job.

However,

The daytime job of people like Miguel often has a great influence on the
GNOME project. Therefor it is my opinion that such individuals are
eligible for being part of a board or part of a decision making team.

Perhaps a less tactical/strategic but more technical (official) team
should be created to complement the current tactical/strategic team.

But honestly has this thread grown to large. Lets now give it in the
hands of the voters and stop the discussion. I fear this is going to
look like a huge flame war sooner or later (if it isn't already).

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org