Re: Election Boycott

  Hi All,

I just would like to add the 2c point of view of a Gnome user and
would-be financial contributor. I am just a Gnome user, but I voted in
early Foundation elections because I was maintaining a little Gnome
program.

  For me, not knowing the usage of contributions is a very strong
deterent to financially contributing to a project. I believe a
"contributions page" must clearly link to a "financial page" with
e.g. the information listed below by Adrian.

  In practice, I contribute to Octave (.org) only last year. It took
me so long before doing so in part bacause I did not know what the
usage of my contribution would be. I have not contributed yet to the
Debian project precisely that reason. Maybe all the information is
available, I just have not seen it within a few-click radius of the
Debian "donations" page.

  This is just my 2c. I am of course very grateful to those who make
all the free software and data that I use and greatly appreciate.

  Cheers,

  Etienne