Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimit! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation

On 15 Sep 2003, Christian Rose wrote:

> If an external person is specifically recruited
> to say, fill the gap in the GNOME legal team or something else, then
> it's probably very clear that this person also has the intention of
> being an active contributor and track what happens.

True - a potential board member might become familiar with the
GNOME community at GUADEC and with the software itself through a
university or office installation. A referral from a colleague or friend
could be the introduction to GNOME that results in getting someone
actively involved with the foundation. We do need more outreach.

tim