Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimit! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

<quote who="Andreas J. Guelzow">

> Well, there have been claims that independent counts are possible but
> since the provided data can not be checked those are indeed just claims.
> By having an anonymous vote we put all our trust into those that
> administrate the election, effectively those that are currently `in
> power'.

(Just as a side point, the Elections Committee who administer the elections
process are all members of the Foundation who are not members of the Board.)

I hope someone will describe a voting system that adequately addresses the
points you've made, Andreas. I don't believe the Board would approve the
proposal for anonymous voting if we could not address the issues of trust.

Thanks,

- Jeff

           "It's weird being without white noise." - Catie Flick