Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Gwe, 2003-09-12 at 17:45, Danilo Segan wrote:
> 102AD: voted for Superman, Dick Tracey, Batman
> FGE1: voted for Batman, Robin, and Skeleton
>
> Since you know your own key, you may easily see that noone played with
> your vote. And everyone can check her/his own vote, so there's no need
> for you to know who is actually "102AD" -- he can check for himself.
> All we need to do then is to count the number of votes, and we see that
> Batman wins :-)

Thats a problem. I can send 250 emails from registered gnoem subscribers
I know wont bother to vote. Nobody else can see that I did this or
someone voted as them.

Thats soluble and I support the change, just the semantics need to be
correct so you cant have either votes from people who didnt vote or have
people "manufactured". That means sending the keys privately to users
and requiring/validating them to vote