Re: Web guidelines for use of GNOME Trademark

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 00:13, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

> There's no precedence in Portugal. Every case is judged on its own
> merits/evidence, and precedence is only looked at as a suggestion in a
> special particular cases.

IANAL, but this is basically the difference between civil and common law
IIRC.  Scotland is another country whose legal system is primarily based
on civil law, whereas England is based on common law, so I'm not even
sure if Alan's "UK" generalisation is necessarily valid here :)

Cheeri,
Calum.