RE: Minutes of the Board meeting June 15 2003

> The development documentation is somewhat lacking. Especially critical
> is the lack of tutorial type docs explaining how to start writing a
> Gnome program (having a reasonable template for autoconf, going over
> what tools to use and so on).

gnome-hello exists and should be up-to-date.

> Getting over that first hurdle is likely
> the most difficult step for anyone to become a Gnome developer, and
> cannot be made too easy and clear.

In reality we cannot tell people how best to write a GNOME App because we
don't really know that ourselves. It might or might not involve libbonoboui,
which few people really want to recommend at the moment.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com