Re: gnome foundation

Just some comments on the details:

--- Sam Ganesan <sam centaur homeunix net> wrote:
> A few random thoughts from an interested user of
> gnome re the recent
> fracas about member ship.
>

>   We can also add a third
> category of absolute
> Hall-of-famers who are nominated by the membership
> and then elevated to
> the exalted status on a membership vote!!!

If we have these hall-of-famers the board or the
membership committee should be able to decide.  There
is no need for a membership vote.  Too much overhead
for many possible hall-of-famers.

> From what I understand the committee is the liaison
> between the gnome
> community and the corporations.

This is not quiet true... the membership committee
does not deal with corporations. The people of
corporations appear as individuals to the membership
committee.