Re: Draining the Swamp: A Technical User's Experience

Mr. Stallman, there is no contradiction between
"giving users freedom" and "giving users what they
want."  For any software application area, if there is
the want, there is the need for software freedom.  For
free software to succeed, free software needs to fill
the want, wherever it appears.  If users want
something and it cannot be fulfilled by free software,
then free software failed to fill a void, thus giving
proprietary software an area to flourish.

They want are the two sides of the same coin.  I hope
you can reconsider the statement "free software needs
to give users what they want" to be correct.

Thanks.