Draining the Swamp: A Technical User's Experience

Hi all,

Thought this would be appropriate here, given that it's not on the straight
and narrow of core GNOME development issues. It is, however, crucial to
GNOME's success - we can't fix everything ourselves. :-)

Jim Gettys presented an excellent talk about 'draining the [Free Software]
swamp' at GUADEC, covering the relationships between various Free Software
products and projects, and how we can work better together to improve the
overall system.

Conrad is the previous president of the Sydney Linux User's Group, and he
and Silvia work on audio analysis software for the national science and
research labs here in Australia. They are highly skilled Linux users and
developers (see http://vergenet.net/~conrad/ and the link Conrad supplies in
the email for some fun).

It's a familiar story, and a very full swamp.

- Jeff

----- Forwarded message from Conrad Parker <conrad vergenet net> -----