Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting February 12 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 11:50, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     And as the free software
>     saying goes, a itch that don't itch a developer, doesn't get scratched.
>
> That was said by Eric Raymond who belongs to another movement, and it
> reflects the spirit of that movement.

Perhaps, but it's more likely to reflect human nature than any specific
group or movement.  Think of mowing the lawns vs some  project that
excites you.  Which are you more likely to do given total freedom to
choose?

But I think Christian may have missed the benefit of having non-gnome
people involved - Fresh blood and mixing of ideas.

> If actual KDE-GNOME cooperation did not get started, maybe we we
> didn't have enough of the free software movement spirit to get it
> going.  But that doesn't mean we should give up.

And by continuing to mix and mingle with other projects there is an
increased chance for cooperation, and new inter-group friendships.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss