Re: Non-free software and GNOME

La plume légère, à Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 07:32:15PM +0000, heure d'inspiration,
Sander Vesik écrivait en ces mots:
> Well... Not everubody has a political (or even "political") goal when it
> comes to free software. In fact, even saying "blah blah blah, does not
> serve xxx political goal" is the worst form of prostitution I can think
> of. Politics is just *WRONG*, in any shape or form it takes.

This is a political statement you are making here...
I don't see where the prostitution is a long as the goal is respected
without relying on side tracks to reach it.

> At least IMVHO, being a GNU project should not be a set of thumbscrews
> used on people working on it to make them jump through arbitrary hoops.

RMS never decided to make GNOME a GNU project (except when accepting it
as it). Someone (which I suppose is Miguel) took the decision. RMS is
not "thumbscrewing" people at all, he just says 'Ok you can be a GNU
project if your respect those few guidelines'.

So the best solution now would simply to request GNOME to not be a GNU
project anymore. It seems it would solves all the problems we are
discussing here.

W.