Re: Non-free software and GNOME

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 07:26:08AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Whoever does the job makes the decisions IMHO. If RMS is not happy
> he can publish his own view of the GNOME work and post his own summaries.
> We lost the GNOME summaries for nearly one year, and you resurected them,
> someone else could have done it differently, but you did it. We need to
> encourage people who invest time building the overall project infrastructure
> (not just code), I have myself annoyed the Web people for design issues
> in the past, but the fundamental rule of such voluteer based project is
> and remains for most :
>        "At the end, who does the job decides !"

I agree with Daniel.  These are GNOME summaries and in GNOME it was always
that case (whoever does stuff decides how to do it).  So it seems only
appropriate for the GNOME summaries to be treated the same.

It may be nice when you mention a non-free piece of software, that you just
mention that it is non-free so that us purists can skip to the next
"headline" :)

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.