Re: "Friends of GNOME"

On Mon, 2001-10-15 at 15:27, Tim Ney wrote:

> We have put together some ideas for how we may structure this "Friends
> of GNOME" Program, but we are interested to hear feedback and
> suggestions from the community.  Here are our ideas so far:
>
> 1) We will call the program "Friends of GNOME" and
> contributors will be called "Individual Donors".
>
> 2) We will include the existence of this program in the GNOME
> Foundation's by-laws.
>
> 3) There will be six levels of contributors.  Their titles and
> associated donation levels are:
>   * Friend:     up to $24.99
>   * Benefactor: $25.00 -  $49.99
>   * Associate:  $50.00 - $249.99
>   * Sponsor:    $250.00 - $999.99
>   * Booster:    $1000.00 -$4999.99
>   * Partner:    $5000.00 or more

This is an excellent idea - my one concern being the title of the
"partner" category. This is perhaps just semantics, but in some cultures
and contexts this conveys some element of control or degree of
involvement beyond what I think the "Friends" program is about.

Just my humble opinion.

Mike Newman