Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 19 March 2001

	  Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 19 March 2001

Presents:
=========

    Bart Decrem      (chairing in the absence of Havoc)
    Jim Gettys
    Federico
    Daniel Veillard  (minutes)
    Dan Mueth
    Raph Levien
    John Heard

Missing:
========

    Havoc Pennington
    Owen Taylor
    Maciej Stachowiak
    Miguel de Icaza

Administrativia:
================
  - Without agenda and with a number of people missing the meeting
    wasn't very structured. So no big decision. Mostly reports and
    how we will structure the first meeting with the advisory board.

Action:
=======

  ACTION: Bart to (re)book a slot for the public Gnome Foundation
          update session

  ACTION: Havoc to send the mail to the advisory for being present
          at the public Gnome Foundation update session

===========

 - Meeting on the 5th April

   Meet with the advisory board and have dinner with them
       + presentation
       + get feedback
       + get the members to sign on a task list

     start at 10
      - 10 to 12
        overview and state of Gnome
	plans for Gnome
	Capture the issues
      - afternoon 1 - 6pm
        Get feedback
	Check how companies can contribute
	Wrap up and check assignments
	come up with a schedule and next meeting plan

     dinner at 6

   Try to make a board meeting later during Guadec

   Gnome Foundation Update
    + try to get the advisory board to come to the session
    + session where we give an overview and an update
    + listen of feedback from the hackers community

   Goals for the foundation and the project
    + promotion, tour to get new blood
      evangelisation in an organized fashion
    + get Gnome-2

 - Incorporation
   Filed a week ago so we should be a legal entity within a couple of days
   Expect to heard back from the lawyers this week and work on bylaws ...

 - Guadec:
   Program/Budget/Food
     everything looks really good now.

 - Gnome 1.4 Release
   RC1 is about to be shipped, will decide next week if RC2 is needed
   Some troubles with sawfish:
     - input focuse troubles when changing desktops
     - pop-up menues in separate processes
   Jim raised the fact that there was X11 timestamps problems in GTK
   (possibly in dialog box, passive grabs ...).

Daniel