Re: Bonobo freeze

Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> writes:

> > 	  I anticipate that we could fully freeze the API, and commit to
> > binary and source compatibility for all of bonobo by 1st Feb. However
> > clearly Miguel has the final say and is currently in Switzerland.
> > Furthermore, we will both be at LWE at this time, so in reality I propose
> > releasing a final API reference version on the 5th or so.
>
> It is too soon.  Given that LWE is next week, it basically means, that
> the freeze is effective this week.  So, no, I do not feel confortable
> with that.

Miguel,

Since you don't like that as a freeze date, could you tell us what
would be a good freeze date for Bonobo? It does not need to be any
particular date, but we do need a date set so we can proceed with
release planning. Everything else seems on track to ship GNOME on
3/27, but Bonobo is a key component that we cannot ship without.

Thanks,

Maciej