Re: gnome.org Account Policies

Hi all,

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Sander Vesik wrote:

> AFAIK, they don't. Also, knowing the real name is largely useless, knowing
> the email - or rather, being able to get to it fast - is waymore
> important.

	True. Clearly there is a need to reach people with cvs accounts
through email. I remember seeing quite a few posts on gnome-hackers citing
some hacker breaking something after a commit and huge discussions on the
same but nobody really being able to contact that person !

> from a commit log message, I can say that it is definately useful. It is
> very usefull even in case where there are way less than 700+ commiters.

	A need for this I think should be separated from the question of
gnome.org email aliases.

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchovny in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi che iitm ac in>
                      <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>