Re: changed charter, new elections proposal

George wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 08:39:12PM -0700, Bart Decrem wrote:
> > Optional: If people like my amendment to Jon and Dan's idea, the script would
> > spit out an election update every day during the 7 days of  the election.
> > That way you can see what the board might look like before you cast your
> > vote.  That might help us get a more balanced board.
>
> I think this has two drawbacks
>
> 1) people will not bother to vote because it will seem like things are
> already decided
> OR
> 2) people will wait till the end to vote to see wha the composition is so
> they can have a "balanced" board.
>
> I actually like Jon and Dan's original idea the most.  Elect the board in a
> couple of increments.

good feedback. let's see what others say (but I think jon & dan's idea is too
complicated.  Let's KISS: keep it stupid simple.)

> Another issue:  How would the "no company should have majority" thing be
> handeled with direct elections.   Perhaps: Only the most popular 5 (for an 11
> member board) people from each company are considered.

Yes.  I wrote that in the revised charter in a clumsy way, but you just said it
more eloquently.

> Also.  How will we decide if some two people get the same amount of votes?
> That is, if this would make us decide between two people.  Perhaps a "runoff"
> would be needed.

I guess if those two people were tied for slot #11 we would need a run-off.
brrr.  I hope that doesn't happen.

Bart