Re: let's do a quick vote on the charter

I also said no (we can quibble if I'm a gnome developer or not).

I think slates generate more political trouble than they solve:
	1) slates can enable "clubs" to form, where you really want
	a board to have some diversity of opinion.
	2) It effectively gives key people a veto of others on the board:
	I don't think a board without Miguel, for example, could fly, and by
	being unwilling to be on a slate, it gives inordinate power to
	individuals, again encouraging clubs.
The board needs to have diversity of opinion, or you can have situations
where people don't feel they will get a fair hearing, which is really
poisonous and pernicous.
				- Jim

--
Jim Gettys