Re: GNOME Foundation elections!

Bart Decrem <bart eazel com> writes:

> My recommendation would be to have at least 3 widely disseminated
> inviting people to register and to submit slates - An announcement
> where we list all the slates that have been submitted - An
> announcement that elections are being held
>
> Beyond that, I would recommend using this list, which is publicly
> archived and open, for additional election-related posts, and using
> the new list (vote gnome org or whatever) only for the votes
> themselves.  But I don't have super-strong feelings about this.

Well, I think we should keep this list for our discussions of the
foundation and create a new, moderated one for the announcements.

This way we won't mess up with our mailing lists (since a lot of
people are already on this list), but we'll also have a general
announcement list where people can get announcements and important
information about the foundation only.

We can't really use vote gnome org (or however we'll call the
list where the actual votes will go) for anything else than the
votes; keep in mind that we have over 500 people who'll be able
to vote, so you'll get over 500 mails on this list ...

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)