Re: GNOME Foundation leadership

Hi Christian,

I'm pretty sure Miguel will announce his candidacy, but he just hasn't
gotten around to it yet.

In terms of who the GNOME leaders are, I would say that Miguel will always
be the founder of GNOME (along with Federico), and one of the leaders of
GNOME.  But there are other leaders in GNOME as well (Havoc Pennington and
others come to mind).  All those folks will continue to play leadership
roles, and the Board of Directors will be the place where all those folks
come together to collective provide leadership for GNOME.  In order to have
an effective board, I believe that the board will need a Chairperson, who
runs meetings etc.  That Chair does not necessarily have to always be the
spokesperson.  I think the board should appoint a chair after its election,
since that's really an internal administrative matter.

Bart