Back up board members

I have a question that sort of pertains to the elections.  Now I realize
that I'm
not as active as a lot of people in this list (I didn't even register to
vote), but I
figured this is kind of an important question.  Since the board is new, I
feel
that maybe some of the soon-to-be elected members may have false
preconceptions of what the board is.  For this reason and for possible other
unforseen reasons, I ask, Should voters vote for two or three backup
members?  Thank you.

--Ray Strode