Re: copyrights assignments

Martin Baulig <martin@home-of-linux.org> writes:
> Btw. what happens when someone's working contract says that the company
> owns all copyrights of his code or something like this and this person
> blindly writes something else into a source file without thinking ?

Technically your company still owns the code.

Red Hat (and Cygnus before that) has some kind of blanket agreement
with the FSF where all RH/Cygnus copyrighted code going into gcc,
etc. automatically gets assigned to the FSF, I think. So you can set
up something like that to avoid hassles. I'm not sure of the legal
details of how it works.

Havoc