Re: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board meeting 28 November 2000

On 29 Nov 2000 23:45:48 +0100, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > As well, should there be a "technical" committee overseeing the hardware
> > and such?
>
>   The current view point was that we should try to find and fix the
> few problems we had with the current state of the servers. This doesn't
> prevent looking for different hosting or hardware solutions but this
> was considered less urgent (if needed at all.)
>
>   My personal opinion on this last point is that the bandwidth and hardware
> capacity of the servers is just fine for their current use, there is just a
> need to fixe a couple of problems (and Owen promised to look at what could
> be done to fix the couple of weak points.).

The motivation for bringing this up was not to add bureaucracy but
rather to hopefully get some murky policy cleared up.  It would be
enough I think to appointment a couple of "maintainers" of the gnome
machines to make some decisions and take action when need be.  General
policy could come from the board.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr helixcode com
Helix Code Inc.                         http://www.helixcode.com