[fdn-ann] Competing IBM Linux event

Hello,
We sent the GNOME invitations last night and this morning and we are
already getting some RSVPs.

A couple of reporters noted however that our event was at the same time
than an IBM press event.
IBM will be announcing new hardware, software, open source contributions,
and offering an overview of IBM's Linux commitment. Their event is from
12:00pm - 1:00 on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 in a room next to the convention
center. Apparently IBM started their outreach early this morning.

I will be sending a list of all the invitees, and status as well as the
invitation to you later today.

Best regards,
-Cecile
CHEN PR, Inc.