Candidacy: Dave Camp

Name:        "Captain" Dave Camp
EMail:       dave ximian com
Affiliation: Novell/Ximian

During my senior year of high school, I was the rally commissioner in
student council.  I brought heavy metal to the pep rallies.  It was
totally awesome.  I want to bring heavy metal to the GNOME Foundation
Board.  Figuratively, I mean.  Not *actual* heavy metal.  That would
make the phone calls annoying.

What do I do now?  I work for Ximian's Desktop Team.  I maintain
Nautilus, along with Alex.  I do some printing work.  Lately I've been
doing more travelling than I'd like to, going to various places
talking to Novell about GNOME.

Why do I want to do this?  I care about GNOME, and I care about its
success and adoption.  The board is starting to play a crucial role in
this - getting the developers together with each other (fund raising),
and getting the developers together with customers (marketing).  And
the board is a good group of people, that I really enjoy working with.

<i>Please</i> vote for me.