Charity begins @gnome: An Annual Appeal

Greetings,

As the end of 2002 approaches, we can look back on a year of important
accomplishments for GNOME - the release of 2.0, GUAD3C, the first Boston
Summit, and the growing adoption of GNOME by model projects such as
schools in Spain and Brazil.

To have more impact next year, GNOME Foundation needs the support of
individuals such as yourself.  In the current economic climate,
financial support from corporations has tightened and we must look to
the GNOME community to help us fund our fourth annual GNOME Users and
Developers European Conference in Dublin, Ireland.  GUADEC is scheduled
at Trinity College from June 14-18th, 2003.

GUADEC serves not only as a technical gathering for gnome hackers and
users, but also provides a focal point for free software use by
companies and governments. With the help of private donations, the
foundation will be able to fulfill more requests from hackers for travel
subsidies.

This past August, GNOME Foundation was granted tax exempt status by the
U.S. Internal Revenue Service.  This means that all contributions to the
foundation are now tax-deductible in the U.S. *Remember, to qualify for
a charitable tax deduction in 2002, you must make your donation by
December 31st.*  Even a small donation is important.

Contributions can be made on-line, via PayPal, at
<http://www.gnome.org/friends/> or by sending a check via snail mail to:

GNOME Foundation
401 Park Drive, 3 West
Boston, MA  02215-3325

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best wishes in the New Year,

tim

Timothy Ney
Executive Director
GNOME Foundation

P.S. Please forward this letter to workmates or other friends of the
GNOME community who might wish to support GUADEC.