Candidacy (Jonathan Blandford)

(I also throw my hat into the ring)

Name:  Jonathan Blandford
Email: jrb redhat com
Affiliation: Red Hat, Inc.

I have been involved with GNOME for a long time (by GNOME standards).  I
originally wrote the AisleRiot solitaire program, which appeared in
GNOME 0.13.  Since then, I've worked on a variety of gnomish projects
including the control center, gmc, nautilus, gnome-libs, gtk+, and most
importantly, gfloppy.  I have spent a lot of time working on many of
parts of GNOME, and feel like I have a very good idea of how the project
works.

Over the last year, I have been focusing the majority of my effort on
writing a new Tree widget for GTK+ 2.0.  Additionally, I have been
spending time trying to get the documentation system for GNOME 2 as good
as possible.

I am also extremely interested in helping to improve the desktop
experience.  In particular, I would like to see us spend more time on
the small, incremental improvements that make a desktop usable.  I feel
like we as a project haven't been spending enough time here, and would
like to see that change.  Once the GNOME 2.0 platform has been released,
I think that we should make improving it one of our highest priorities.

Thanks,
-Jonathan