Re: It's public: Bitstream doesn't envision an update to Vera

On Wed July 12 2006 07:56, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > I still use Toga on my own machines because
> > I'm vain, but for other people I just tell them to install
> > DejaVu and use the condensed variants.
>
> If you feel like doing fonts again, you have your place
> reserved within the project (BTW is Toga metric-compatible
> with Condensed DejaVu? Need to know if I can tell fontconfig
> to substitute one for the other)

I haven't looked, but if you guys used the "recipe" I posted back
then (which I think was just using Fontforge to reduce the width
to 90%) it should be valid.  But obviously Toga never had all
the glyphs Condensed DejaVu does, so any block of text that uses
them will render differently in Toga.

Thanks....

Rob