Re: Lossless jpeg cropping

Stephane Delcroix wrote:
Hi all,

I've worked on this during my honeymoon:

You must have a very understanding spouse!

 * Do you think it is useful ?

I think it's very useful - but I think there are times when I would want
to be able to do a lossy crop --- i.e. when I'll want more control over
exactly where the crop lines are drawn.

My prefernce would be a toggle on the edit page labeled "Lossless Crop -
snap to 8 pixel boundaries" that is turned on by default.   When it's
on, the crop lines automatically snap to the nearest 8 pixel boundary.
 When it's off you can crop anywhere you like.

I thought about putting this on the preferences panel --- but I expect
that some users might find it very confusing that they can't precisely
control their cropping...

For bonus points, you could use lossless cropping even when the toggle
is off, if the crop lines happen to land on the 8 pixel boundaries...

Warren