Re: Rubens WorkerThread + Database threading

This one time, at band camp, Bengt Thuree wrote:
>Hi
>
>Just read some bugs in bugzilla, and run into Rubens patch. After reading
>that one i had some questions I thought perhaps I should ask the list.
>
>Here goes.
>
>Bug #337724 (Rubens WorkerThread + Database threading) indicates a
>possibility to automatically sync between F-Spot and Flickr.
>
>Do F-Spot store a tag or something for the pictures that have been
>exported to Flickr?

I don't think so, but I've been wondering about asking for it, so that one
can update the comment and tags on a photo -- often I will upload some
photos and then realise that the comment is wrong, or I want to change the
tags.

Conveniently, each photo in flickr has a unique identifier, so you can store
that in the f-spot database when they're uploaded.

>How about to Gallery and the other web galleries that F-Spot will support?

If you can get a unique key from their upload, it should "just work", right?
:)

>Perhaps a Main (invisible?) tag : Web Gallery, with some subtags Flickr,
>Gallery etc.

I woudln't do it with tags, I'd keep an "upstream" table with a foreign key
on the photo, and an ID field for the upstream ID, and a foreign key to an
upstream enumeration table (which would just enumerate 'f-spot', and the
locations of your galleries)

>What if I have two different Flickr accounts?

So the upstream enumeration table should keep login details for various
webapps, I think :)

How do you currently handle having different flickr accounts?