Re: Update script for 329841 finished. Comments?

On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 14:36 +0100, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 00:45 +1100, Bengt Thuree wrote:

> > Just finished my small patch for the Updater.cs to add a leading 0 to
> > the Month and Day directory.

> Does this cope with deleted pictures?
I have updated the patch in BugZilla, and now it should work for deleted
pictures. Sorry for not testing this before, and thanks for catching
it :)
But if the directory that contained the deleted picture is empty, it
will not be removed since F-Spot do not know about this empty directory.
My procedure to delete directories only tries to delete those
directories we moved photos from.

> Though it's not functional programming, why not use continue instead of
> huge if's (making most of the code drop 2 indents):
Have not changed this. Thought it was well commented, and easy to
follow. If there is a strong request to change and use "continue"
instead I will look into it.

> Spelling-police: ;-)
> - throw new Exception (String.Format("Photo with name {0} do not
> exists", old_photo));
> + throw new Exception (String.Format("Photo with name {0} does not
> exist", old_photo));
Thanks, changed.

> Most of this is just style. I assume it doesn't delete directories that
> still have files in them?
Correct, it do not delete any directories that are not empty.

/Bengt