Re: f-spot and not-small photo collections?

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 08:07 +1100, Stephen Norris wrote:
> I imported a small portion of my photo archive into f-spot (about 1000
> photos).
>
> After a few minutes the machine became increasingly slow - when I
> checked top, f-spot was using more than 300MB of memory.
>
> Is this expected? Does it increase with the number of photos? Cause if
> it is expected and it scales up, f-spot isn't really usable for any
> non-trivial photo collections...
>
> 	Stephen

Which version of F-Spot are you using?
Checked out from CVS or another version?
Larry have fixed some memory leaks regarding importing larger amounts of
photos, and it should not be any problems now. But this is only in CVS
for the moment.

I have tried with 6 000 pictures or so, and no problems.

/Bengt