Re: Importing photos to Fspot

Hi,

Currently F-Spot do not import any tags at all unfortunately.
In the not to far future F-Spot will read the XMP and perhaps IPTC tags
and create F-Spot tags from them. Right now, F-Spot stores the tags as
XMP tags embedded in each photo.

Feel free to write a small patch that will be able to read your external
database and convert it to F-Spot tags :)

F-Spot's tags (and all other internal information) are also stored in an
SQLite database (~/.gnome2/f-spot/photos.db). If you modify this
database manually take a backup first perhaps :) Then again, it should
be easier to use the gui and drag and drop the tags to each photo.

(I am also waiting for F-Spot to start reading the XMP tags, since most
of my photos are tagged with IView MediaPro under Windows, and it stored
them as IPTC and XMP tags.)

/Bengt