Re: Bug 329841 - Also modify old directory names?

El jue, 09--2006 a las 20:19 +1100, Bengt Thuree escribi� Any suggestions for how to ensure this update is only run once?
> 1) Add a keypair to the Key/Value database, and only do this if this
> keypair is not there?
> 2) Check the version of F-Spot earlier than 0.1.8 (Is it in the KeyPair
> database, or somewhere else?

If you add an update to Updates.cs it will only be run once.  See the
update that's in there that removes the Other tag.

> Also, to ensure the moving of files is done securely, I would do Copy
> and then delete. Could also do a checksum of the new file, and compare
> with the old one to really ensure it is ok...

This sounds like a good idea.  As the update system currently works, if
there was an error it would throw an exception (eg failing on an update
is a fatal error) and would reattempt the next time.

Gabriel