Re: Forcing XMP metadata write on all files

On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 16:25 +0100, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> Is there a way to force f-spot to write XMP metadata to all images? I'd
> like to migrate my pictures to another machine (as my picture collection
> is growing faster then my laptop harddisk), and I'd rather not lose all
> my tags.

The preference in F-Spot for writing tags to the image files will only
write them when you either add/remove a tag or change its description,
and only for JPEGs.  And F-Spot does not currently read the tags
embedded in a file...but hopefully it will soon.  You can force your
tags to be written to all your files by creating a bogus tag and
assigning it and then removing it to all photos.

> Is it actually safe to use this for all pictures (as I see it's disabled
> by default)?

I'm not sure about this.

Sincerely,

Gabriel