Re: sharing the database

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 13:20 -0600, Gabriel Burt wrote:

> I think the feature idea is a good one and something for which somebody
> should propose a UI.

There is one other issue currently with sharing the database...

If I (or somebody else) imports some photos, there is this option "Copy
file to the Photos folder".  This "Photos folder" appears to be
~/Pictures (at least here in my installation).  But the reality is that
I have my photos in an NFS shared folder and I just symlinked everyones
~/Pictures to /data/photos.

This all works reasonably well and users "bookmarks" to Pictures works
and such.  But when photos are imported and that option is selected,
they go into the database as /home/brian/Pictures/bla.jpg.  Then when
another user tries to use the same shared database, of course, they
cannot open the photos because they don't have access to the Pictures
(symlink) in my ~.

Thots?

b.

Brian J. Murrell