Re: Patch for dragging photos to categories [Repost]

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 15:45 +0100, Lee Willis wrote:
> I created a patch to add support to allow you to simply drag a photo,
> or photos to a tag and have them associated with the tag. The patch is
> available online at:

Does it attach the selected Tag or the one you drop on?  What happens if
multiple tags are selected?

> http://cgi.lwillis.plus.com/p/dnd.patch

This url doesn't seem to be loading now so I can't review it at the
moment.  Does anyone on the list have a copy they can send me?

> I originally posted it in May but didn't get any feedback. I'm posting
> again now since there seems to have been some recent commit activity.

I'm really sorry, I was busy at the the time then forgot about the patch
completely.  In the future please submit a bug for f-spot at bugzilla.
gnome.org and attach the patch (along with a ChangeLog entry) so that
even if I drop the ball or the website goes down (or both) I can pick it
back up when time permits.

> This is my first f-spot patch so I'm sure there'll be some comments on
> the patch (Some bits didn't seem to work where I wanted them, so they
> may be in odd places architecturally). I've also changed some of the
> selection code in IconView.cs without significant knowledge about what I
> was doing, however it seems to have fixed the problem I was experiencing
> without breaking anything else. [You couldn't drag multiple items since
> the button down event reset the selection]

Since I can't look at the patch right now I'll assume this is covered by
vmoreau's patch that I just approved.

> It still applies cleanly, but I'll confess I haven't tested it with
> a recent mono/gtk# build since I'm "sans broadband" right now to download
> the latest releases
>
> All comments welcome!

Thanks for the patch and again I apologize for being so unresponsive.

--Larry