[Evolution-hackers] Converting vevent components into one vcalendar component

I intend to use the function
void icalcomponent_merge_component(icalcomponent* comp, icalcomponent* comp_to_merge);
to merge two VCALENDAR components.

When I query for all the objects in an Evo cal, what I get is a list of icalcomponent. I want to convert this bunch of VEVENT icalcomponents into a single VCALENDAR icalcomponent so that I can use the above mentioned function. Ofcourse, I could convert them into strings first and manually concatenate the objects, but is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

Teresa