Re: [Evolution-hackers] Communication with e-d-s

Anyone?

Op zaterdag 15 oktober 2005 20:59, schreef Dick Kniep:
> Hi list,
>
> This is my first post to this list, and I am definitely no wizard in Bonobo
> or evolution. On the other hand I have done a fair amount of searching on
> the Internet, so I hope you have an answer to this fairly basic question I
> have.
>
> We have developed a big application in Python, Postgresql, OpenOffice,
> taskjuggler and other goodies. Now we want to connect to an agenda, and I
> have chosen evolution because it connects well to all the real world
> servers including ms-exchange which is being used by the vast majority of
> our customers.
>
> What we want is:
>
> 1. Read the iCal data from evolution, connecting a certain appointment in
> evolution to a DB item based on the UID number in the iCal. This should be
> possible under all circumstances (user uses imap, webcal or any other way
> of storing the calendar data).
>
> 2. When a user pushes a certain button in our application evolution should
> fire up, and the user should be able to enter the appointment (so only the
> appointment screen should start), next our application should receive the
> UID of the newly created appointment, so that the appointment-id can be
> stored in the database.
>
> 3. It is necessary that with the appointment also resources like a room, a
> beamer or anything else, are committed, and the user must be able to look
> at the free/busy information of these resources.
>
> Now I think it is best to use bonobo to connect to the e-d-s. But because I
> have no experience in doing this, and do not program in C, (only Python), I
> would be very happy if someone could give me an example on how to do this.
> The only documentation I found gives .h files for use in C, and although
> they may be perfectly clear for experienced C programmers, for me they are
> hullabaloo.
>
> I promise that if I get this stuff going, I will write a how-to for the
> Python folks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> D.Kniep

Met vriendelijke groet,

Dick Kniep
Lindix BV
De Specerij 30
1313 NE  ALMERE
tel. 036-5215580
fax. 036-8441825

This is an e-mail message from Lindix. The information contained in this
communication is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed. Use of this communication by others is prohibited.
If the e-mail message was sent to you by mistake, please destroy it without
reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.
Sender accepts no liability for damage related to data and/or documents
which are communicated by electronic mail.