Re: [Evolution-hackers] Patch proposal to e-msg-composer and -attachment-bar

> Hi there,
>
> I've been holding off on this for a while ... part of the reason is now
> Srini is working on re-doing the attachment bar code significantly, so
> when that is done the patch wont work without a rework.  And I didn't
> know what to say ...
>
> I'll comment on it anyway for the sake of pointing out good and bad
> bits.

Hey there!
Its totaly okey, im not in a rush or so, its just that it feels like a
good idea to keep going once one get upto speed with coding. But as i
said, its nemas problemas.

Ill keep a lookout for that to happen then (that he has re-written the
attachmentbar code)

> Because I hate floats i'd probably do it somewhat differently anyway,
> you're just stripping off any values after the decimal point, so i'd
> probably just use integers.
Hmm yeah. that would make sense. Generally one wouldnt care that much
if its 1.2 mb or 1 mb wich is displayed.

Yep that could be done that way, true. Its just that it get somewhat
less messy to have it that way, IMO, though my opinion doesnt matter
that much ;)

> its "label" btw :)
So Thats why i have all these warnings about *_lable_* not beeing a
correct function hehe.
Hm is it in brittish-english its lable and american its label. I mean
like Color and colour.

True, i belive when i wrote that it was just a thought anyway :)

> You still need to free the string returned by size_to_string.
Yeah, need to put that in a seperate variable. To be able to free it up i mean.

> Anyway, as i said the attachment bar is changing radically, but the good
> news (i think) is that most of this code should still be usable with it,
> just the structure names and some of the access apis will change.
Sweet, sounds great. Ill be waiting!

/Nicklas