Re: [Evolution-hackers] Automated export of iCal files

Le dimanche 13 février 2005 à 18:53 +0100, ali a écrit :
> Hi together,
>
> in the last few days i have been researching to find out, how to
> pubshlish my calender data in the web. I found much  groupware
> software which is half-evolution ready, or is planning to be
> compatible to it (Plugins missing and stuff alike).
>
> I now found a way: Export my calender data using evolution 2 into the
> iCal format, put this file online via webdav, ftp and then let it be
> parsed by some cron-controled shell-script.
> But in the step of publishing the information to the server (which of
> the protocols are used is not important to me) i get a problem:
> Evolution has no option to do so. I can't export to a WebDAV resource
> that easily. It seems as this is not implemented (at least i did not
> find anything in the docs) and so i was wondering if there is a
> command line option to export the calender, so that a shell script on
> my debian system will export my calender data every 3 hours, put it
> online and care about parsing.
>
> I need this so that there is an autmated process that holds my online
> calender data up to date. I wasn't able to figure out a better way, so
> i'm looking for the cli option for evolution to export to  iCal
> format.
>
> Can anybody help out here?
> Thanks in advance
>
> Al

Hi,

This is a feature request, and a GNOME bounty, I am working on it and I
almost have it working, I need to clean up the patch and see if the
evolution-hackers will accept it but...

In the meantime, no, evolution does not do it, well at least not the
whole calendar.

Patience,
--
Stéphane Konstantaropoulos <stephane cs york ac uk>
Computer Science, University of York