[Evolution-hackers] gdesklet-like calendar & data-server tutorial? :)

Hallo

I thought it would be cool to have a list of daily appointments and
tasks directly on the desktop. Similar to gdesklets but connected with
the evolution-data-server.
Are there plans to implement something like this in the future?

However I took a look at the libecal API Reference, trying to figure out
howto retrieve information from the data-server, but I don't even know
where to start ...
Is there some more documentation hidden somewhere? *g*
Could someone give me a hint

fg
Thomas