Re: [Evolution-hackers] Preliminary patches to add inline PGP support

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 20:37 +1200, Matt Brown wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 16:27 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> <snip>
> > Right.  Well, I think, considering that this code already changes
> > camel-gpg-context, and that is probably the easiest/cleanest way to do
> > this, I don't see a problem in actually implementing this more in the
> > core code than just doing it as a plugin; aside from demonstrating it
> > could be done in a plugin.
> >
> > Since:
> > - the additions to em-inline-filter should be small.
> > - the changes to camel-gpg-context are small.
> > - the only other thing needed is a application/x-inline-pgp 'handler',
> > which should be really quite small (maybe it will need to distinguish
> > between signed/encrypted somehow, but header parameters or a separate
> > type could do that).
>
> I agree with everything previous. However, I think we only need to use
> an application/x-inline-pgp type for inline signed messages. For
> encrypted messages it is easy to build a multipart/encrypted and pass
> that to the decrypt function.

not so sure about this actually, since the encrypted content in a
multipart/encrypted is an entire mime part encrypted (e.g. it has
content headers and such) and so it'd be significant changes to the
gpg-context code to make it output a mime part from a non-mime-part
stream.

it may require api changes to camel-cipher-context to do it the way
you're planning on it.

not sure how best to solve this.

--
Jeffrey Stedfast