Re: [Evolution-hackers] "Edit As New Message"

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 16:12 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 15:33 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 14:57 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> > Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> > > the rationale is:
> > >
> > > - if it's not sent by you, then you shouldn't be editing it
> >
> > What is your reasoning?
>
> do you edit magazine articles you get in the mail? no.
>
> if you didn't write it, it's not yours to edit.

If we care that much about that, why do we allow any email to be dragged
to the Drafts folder?

I think this is really a case of Edit as New Message outside the sent
folder not being the usual use case so we never coded it.  Whether or
not its a usuability issue to allow this, I leave for others to decide.
The code specifically disables the feature.  It takes a non-trivial amount of code.

Others, who?

I really couldn't give a pigs bum about it, if its up to me, we may as well lose the restriction just so we don't have to keep explaining it to the few loud people who make a stink about it!

Eric: If you write a decent patch, i'll put it in.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"