Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution SSL/TLS improvements

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 17:20 -0500, Rodney Dawes wrote:

> As far as actual behavior and settings go, the most user-friendly
> method, is to default to the highest level
> of security, and safely fall back through lower levels. Based on this
> ideology, we can get rid of the "Never"
> and "Whenever Possible" options, and just always try to do STARTTLS,
> and with the status icons in the
> tree above, the user will know what is going on. As for the "Always"
> option, we can turn it into a check
> box, and when enabled, rather than falling back to a cleartext
> connection, if STARTTLS nor SSL Port work,
> just fail to connect, and set the status to disconnected. This would
> give us the following interfaces when
> built with ssl support enabled, and without:

With the (eventual) addition of status icons for each account, it would
be really nice if it was possible to take each account offline (and
online) individually. Not all or none as today. It has happen more than
once for me that I for some reason wanted to take one of the account
offline, but still be able to read cached mails. Today I have to disable
it in the Settings dialog, but then it disappears from the folder tree
too.

/torkel