Re: [Evolution-hackers] ics attachments being displayed as blank pages

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 14:52 +0530, Nicel KM wrote:
> Hi,
>    The .ics attachments are not getting displayed properly for me in
> Evo. When I try to open the .ics attachments for the meetings received,
> they are displayed as blank pages.
> I believe this is a known bug. Couldn't locate the bug though. Can you
> let me know the status of this issue?
> (I have a bug on connector which needs this issue to be fixed for
> debugging)

The bug (58077 - which I opened) is now closed.  The problem is related
to the system not seeing the evolution mime information, and occurs when
you compile and install evolution anywhere other than --prefix=/usr, in
that the mime files are not installed in the system's mime-info
directory.

Solution is to go to <prefix>/share/mime-info and copy
evolution-1.5.keys and evolution-1.5.mime into /usr/share/mime-info (or
create links from /usr/share/mime-info to the installed files).

HTH,
Lonnie Borntreger