Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution Future Roadmap

to become any kind of dumping ground... And yes, Gtk definitely does
do progress bars, but having a separate progress bar isn't as nice
(doesn't feel as "integrated", etc.) as having an evo progress bar.
I guess you mean the thing down the bottom of the screen?  Yeah, eventually, its probably harder than you'd think it should be though.
> If its like anything else in the calendar, it'll just load it into memory, and make it
> slow while its at it! :)

Hmm... :) Apparently (this is mostly what we hear from our business
office in Toronto, so it may be exaggerated) a lot of our customers
really like having nice big attachments on calendar items, and they
actually use Outlook as a way to share files this way (however stupid
Wow.  Well thats calendar land stuff anyway, SEP.
> > camel plugins How do these relate/compare to the EPlugin stuff?
> They're not really as important since camel already has extensibility for the core
> function of storing email.
> They're also different since they're not based on gobjects, need to be thread
> safe, etc.

Right, so camel "plugins" will just be what camel providers are now?
Yeah, "providers" will be come full-blown objects, loaded via the plugin system.

But so potentially will SASL authentication mechanisms, filtering/search expressions, content parsers (e.g. think ms-tnef promoted transparently to a mime multipart structure), and so forth.  It would be nice, for example, to have a combination of camel plugins and evolution plugins that integrated together so you could create a custom vfolder implementation entirely separate to the main codebase.  Something like this might also be needed for server-side filtering rules (infact, as with filters and vfolders in general they are in many respects the same problem).  But that is looking far down the track.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"