Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evo 1.5.90 compile errors

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 11:34 -0500, AG wrote:
> Ok. I've grabbed the source for evo 1.5.90. Please be advised that I
> 'still' run Gnome 1.4 apps (ie GnuCash), so I've got a mixture of Gnome
> libs on my Slack box.
>
> I also run Gnome 2.x apps (Gnomemeeting and perhaps Evo)..
> So, I don't wish to break my existing/working Gnome Apps.
>
> Here is my first attempt at compiling. I've already done the following:
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
>
> Now I rec'v the following errors during the compile:

[snip]

> What does the above mean ?

it means you have glib 2.2.3 and 2.3.x installed, possibly in different
prefixes.

btw, you want glib-2.4.x

you also need ORBit-2.9.8 or higher, and configure found 2.8.1 or
whatever.

you also need a newer libbonoboui (2.4.2)

>  Obviously, I've got some dependencyissues.

indeed :-)

> It appears, that it simply a matter of environment variables.

maybe. depends on your system setup, which I know nothing about. afaict,
you just need to upgrade your libs.

> How do I make the process a bit less painless :)

I install all of my gnome 2.6 libs/etc into a separate prefix
(/opt/gnome26) and set the following environment variables.

export PREFIX=/opt/gnome26
export GNOME_PATH=$PREFIX
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $PREFIX/share/aclocal"
export PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export GNOME_DISABLE_CRASH_DIALOG=1
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
export CFLAGS="-Wall -O0 -g"

obviously this might not work for your setup.

> I suspect that I'm also going to have to run out and get DB 3.17 too.

you shouldn't need db 3.1.17. e-d-s now has a copy of libdb in its
build.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast